Red Apple Digital is a multi-disciplined, independent, award-winning digital agency operating as the creative & technical link between media agencies, platforms and brands.
We deal with a wide range of projects every day, such as campaign microsites, interactive Spotify experiences, rich media units and data driven campaigns. We are part of the SNK Publishing Group that also includes SNK Studios, Red Apple Creative and Red Apple Advertising.
Our team is growing rapidly and we’re currently looking for a Lead Front End Developer to join us in our Chancery Lane office. We’ve seen significant growth as a company in the last few years and it’s an exciting time to join us. We firmly believe that the people in our company are our strongest asset and we’re proud to have a brilliant team who amaze us every day. We boast a high staff retention rate and have doubled in size in the last two years.
We're creative (standard). We're honest and open. A swear jar would bankrupt us all. We're all equal and we laugh at ourselves… And each other. We're unconventional, productive and we do whatever it takes to get the job done. We like burgers. We always make time for each other and our clients. We live and breathe digital. We're all very different and we love that about our team. We like going to the pub...a lot. We praise each other and recognise achievements. We don't quit, we fix. We're kind and caring. We make a difference. We stick together and pick each other up when it's needed. We're people pleasers. We like to dance. We say please and thank you. We're passionate and motivated. We always leave our clients feeling good.
We have big ambitions so we’re looking for an equally driven individual to join us on the journey. We’re not looking for back seat drivers because in our company there’s nowhere to hide, but if you’ve got passion, drive and ambition you’ll love it and thrive.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead our Front End Development team. You will be expected to hit the ground running, learn and pick things up quickly, improve our output, be an excellent mentor and line manager, and establish yourself as an important part of the team.
You’ll be prepared to lead from the front, keep us on the cutting edge of current trends and web technologies, and train other developers. You’re excited about problem solving, breaking requirements apart and finding solutions to the challenges presented to us.
As part of our team you can expect a challenge and an opportunity. A challenge because we have high standards and expectations. An opportunity because the company is growing, so you can make this role your own and become an integral part of the team, and help grow the business as well as develop junior members of the team.
- Lead, oversee and mentor a team of Front End Developers.
- Work closely with Leadership, Project Managers, Designers and Back End Developers.
- Establish and negotiate feature sets and scope based on priorities, timelines and budget constraints.
- Maintain and raise the standard of all coded Front-end deliverables.
- Oversee and define the Front-end framework & architecture used to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the creative and art direction provided by the wider team.
- Peer review code for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines.
- Plan and execute training & development
- Ensure testing process is followed & browser support standards are met.
- Develop effective working relationships with the rest of the team and other internal departments to ensure clear and consistent communication.
- This is a hands-on role, you will be coding too.
- Strong understanding of HTML and semantic elements.
- Strong skills in web styling, CSS and Sass.
- Solid experience with React JS.
- A good understanding of SEO best practices.
- Strong experience with source code versioning systems such as Git.
- Experience of leading a front-end development team.
- A verbal and written communication pro – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person.
- Experience working within a web development agency.
- Experience of the entire web development process from initial concepts, through design and then onto post development testing.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Front End Developer.
- Experience writing functional tests and an understanding of test driven development.
- Confidence in leading conversations and presentations in person, on the phone and online.
- Experience using industry-standard tools such as Jira, Slack, Trello.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional leadership, organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ambition to take our growing company to the next level.
- Relevant University degree or industry-standard certificates.
- Fluency in any other European languages.
- Significant experience using Wordpress.
- Gatsby JS.
- Angular or Vue JS experience.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Creative working environment overflowing with talent
- Relaxed office with flexible and remote working options
- Subsidised Bupa health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- A very close team who enjoy social events regularly
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Lead Front End Developer” before 30.05.2020.
Previous applicants welcome.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. We already have recruitment partners we work with and your email will not be responded to.