Red Apple Digital
Senior Front End Developer
We’re a digital agency with distinction.
We believe in fusing beautiful design with robust tech to solve our clients problems. We specialise in impactful digital experiences and engaging creative advertising campaigns.
We work with brands who want to do digital properly, agencies who don’t have in-house specialists and platforms that need our expertise.
We’re Spotify’s creative partner in the UK and North America, and we recently worked with The British Fashion Council to launch the first ever London Fashion Week online.
We believe that delivering exceptional customer service and a brilliant product are at the core of everything we do. We work to build partnerships with our clients, ensuring our solutions are tailored to their needs.
We’re a mix of arty, geeky, techy, creative types who continually push the boundaries of what’s possible and we always celebrate our successes along the way.
We’re really proud of what we’ve achieved so far but we’re not stopping there, as we’re now looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join us.
Our Culture - Defined By Our Team
We're creative (standard). We're honest and open. A swear jar would bankrupt us all. We're all equal and we laugh at ourselves...and each other.
We're unconventional, productive and we do whatever it takes to get the job done. We like burgers (meat, veggie and vegan).
We always make time for each other and our clients. We're people pleasers. We're all very different and we love that about our team.
We praise each other and recognise achievements. We like going to the pub. We don't quit, we fix. We're kind and caring. We make a difference. We stick together and pick each other up when it's needed.
We like to dance. We say please and thank you. We're passionate and motivated. We always leave our clients feeling good.
The Person We Are Looking For
You love all things digital, having worked in a similar position in another agency, studio or media owner for over four years, so you’ll be able to hit the ground running.
Of course you’re technical but you’ll be an excellent communicator as you’ll need to work with the full digital department, other internal departments and freelancers.
You’ll be a strong believer in delivering exemplary customer service which is just as important as the work we produce. You don’t miss deadlines and are willing to go that extra mile to make sure of it. You don’t get flustered when it’s busy and you’re comfortable managing many different projects simultaneously.
You’ll be comfortable working with a team that is not working in the office now and spread across London, New York and Europe, and you buzz off being part of a busy team that always delivers.
You’ll be a real team player and understand that the digital department is part of a wider business that all work together, and being part of that is just as important as the work we deliver. You’ll also have directly managed and led other team members before so you’ll be able to be an excellent mentor.
You’ll have a track record of developing new products and trying new things in the digital space. You’re ambitious, talented and keen to take your career to the next level. We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Using your expertise to translate designs into robust cutting edge code that is written using methods that follow best practises.
- Working closely with the Lead Developer and project managers to provide accurate estimates for project delivery.
- Identifying any concerns/blockers within a development sprint and bringing to the attention of the Lead Developer with solutions to assess / prioritise.
- Supporting the Lead Developer in protecting code quality and ensuring that our products are robust and thoroughly tested before going live.
- Providing mentorship and technical guidance to more junior team-members in order to ensure that the department as a whole is progressing and remaining on the forefront of technology.
- Working closely with the Lead Developers to champion and define our tech standards.
- Involvement in key meetings, ie UX/Design reviews to interrogate from a technical delivery / timing standpoint.
- Passionate about creating beautiful web experiences and actively engaging with team members in the wider agency to this end.
- Researching and promoting new technical innovations that will be beneficial to RAD, by educating and inspiring the rest of the agency.
- A big advocate of providing great customer service.
- 4+ years of commercial agency experience.
- Commercial experience working across various CMS systems and tech ecosystems i.e. MVC, SPAs, SSRs.
- Demonstrable understanding of working with APIs and RESTful services.
- Well versed in CSS frameworks, pre-processors, advanced styling concepts.
- A solid understanding of design language and how to translate this into accessible, performance optimised web pages.
- Comfortable using design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Expert in responsive design with knowledge of responsive vs reactive design & mobile first.
- Familiar with animation libraries i.e. 3JS, Velocity.js, GSAP.
- Expert level understanding of performance testing and performance best practises in terms of speed, optimisation, seo and accessibility.
- Comfortable communicating development concepts at varying levels depending on the audience both internally and client facing.
- Excellent attention to detail organisational and time management skills.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- Experience with Web Audio API and / or working with audio platforms.
- Testing and Automation experience to optimise builds.
- Experience with motion graphics, using canvas or WebGL.
- Experience of developing Alexa voice skills and any other IOT.
Salary & Benefits
- £50k - £55k depending on experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Subsidised Bupa medical care
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Senior Front End Developer’ before 15.12.20.
Tell us why you’d like to join us and how you’d add brilliance to our team.
Previous applicants welcome.
No agencies please.